These are challenging days for many in the world. We ask that you please consider supporting River Dance Lodge, and the vulnerable tourism industry, by rescheduling your trip rather than cancelling.
We are carefully watching the Idaho State plans for reopening the state. Within the framework of the plan, we are starting a phased opening of River Dance Lodge on May 22 when we will open all our cabins and glamping tents for the season.
Syringa Café Operations:
May 22-June 11: Meals will be available for lodge guests only, from a limited menu. You can choose one of two options. We will cook your entire meal and deliver it; or we will deliver a “cook your own” meal that you can prepare using the outside BBQ by your cabin and the convenience kitchen in the cabin including microwave and toaster.
From June 12 to early September: We plan to open the Syringa Café in accordance with Idaho regulations including appropriate social distancing and other precautions in place.
Preventative Measures at River Dance Lodge
In addition to the quality controls and health measures already in place, we have implemented these preventative actions to assure everyone’s health and safety, including the following:
INCREASED TEAM MEMBER SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Staff clothing will be washed frequently.
- Footwear will be properly disinfected.
- Team members will be equipped with face masks to be worn when in proximity of guests.
PRECAUTIONARY FRONT DESK AND GUEST CHECK-IN AREAS MEASURES
- On arrival, your sanitized cabin key will be on the counter ready for you with your name and our registration form and sanitized pen.
- Please remember to respect social distancing guidelines.
ENHANCED SANITATION OF GUEST ACCOMMODATIONS AND PUBLIC AREAS
- Cabins have hand sanitizer installed at the front door to be used before and after opening/closing the entrance door.
- Housekeeping teams will follow strict quality and sanitation controls, including mandatory use of gloves and facemasks while cleaning and disinfecting guestrooms.
- Upon guest departure, each room will undergo a complete disinfection process using CDC approved cleaning agents.
- All public areas will be sanitized daily.
RESTAURANT AND DINING PROTOCOLS
- We are only offering cabin delivery meals until June 11.
- From June 11 on our Syringa Café will be open with physically-distanced tables and outside dining encouraged when weather permits.
- Physical menus will be disinfected after each use.
- Our kitchen will continue to follow the highest government sanitation standards.
A short note from owners Betsy Bowen & Peter Grubb
We know that we are not alone in our struggles, and we so appreciate everyone that has reached out to us during this time. We want to express our gratitude to all the frontline health care workers who are fighting for us all. Also, to those in other essential services that continue to provide the services we all need. Thank you.
Since we opened River Dance Lodge in 2004, we have been sharing the joy of meaningful, life-enriching vacations. We’ve been through a number of difficult times, but like most people, have never experienced anything that has impacted so many people in so many ways, all around the globe.
We want to reassure you that our first priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests, our employees and our greater travel community. As a family owned and operated company, we are doing our best to make sound decisions that are fair, and in the best interest of everyone. We thank you for navigating these difficult times with us. Thank you for valuing travel and the positive changes it provides the world. To those planning a stay at our River Dance Lodge, we look forward to seeing you.
As we find our path, I am reminded of the words of Henry Kissinger who said: “A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.”
May we all find the diamonds within us and our communities.
– Peter Grubb, Founder