Title: Lead Housekeeper and Housekeeper
Reports To: General Manager / Lead Housekeeper
Provides superlative service to River Dance Lodge guests and co-workers in performing all housekeeping duties. Note that our accommodations are not typical hotel rooms, but rather, they are cabins with several rooms. This requires more attention to detail and following procedures than a typical hotel situation.
Lead Housekeeper - Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lead Housekeeper shall perform all duties as listed below under “Housekeeper” as well as:
- Schedules and supervises other housekeeping staff.
- Train, supervise and monitor the quality of work of other housekeepers.
- Inventory, order and stock the laundry room with all needed equipment and supplies per guidelines provided.
- Maintain professional appearance and supervise use of housekeeping vehicle.
- Report daily to the general manager.
- Informs the general manager of all activities and any needs prior to the shift’s end.
- Shall stay “on property” at any time the manager has the day off and is responsible for operations of the cabins during this time.
Housekeeper - Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows detailed worksheet for each cabin cleaning
- Completes inventory of cabin contents on form provided. Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
- Daily maintenance of hot tubs.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Change bedding and make beds as directed.
- Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Make adjustments and to heating, cooling and ventilating systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Deliver any items requested by guests to cabins.
- Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.
§ A minimum of 6 months of housekeeping experience.
§ Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other personnel.
§ Must be proficient in English.
§ Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
§ Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
As a roadside resort we serve three distinct clientele. One is our cabin guests, another are tourists passing through the area and the third are local people who live in the area and may travel as much as 100 miles to eat at the restaurant. Because of our remote location flexibility is required. We may ask you to work a split shift, meaning working in the morning and then returning to work later in the day. We sometimes have guests arrive late and need to keep to accommodate them. A high level of guest service is expected and only those people willing to provide this should apply for this job. A strong teamwork ethic is also required and all coworkers should also be considered as guests. Adherence to all employee policies is required. If staying at the employee accommodations provided by River Dance Lodge adherence to all applicable rules is required.